The De Stefani family originates in Refrontolo, a little hilly village in Veneto Italy, as results in official documents of 1624. In the second half of 1800 Valeriano De Stefani, the founder, individualized the best soil where to produce wines with rare personality in the Colvendrame estate in Refrontolo, on the hills between Conegliano and Valdobbiadene, north of Venice. His son Valeriano, second generation, inspired by his careful wife Angelina, began the tradition which the De Stefanis have always adhered: total devotion to quality with no compromise. Tiziano, third generation, went till the Piave Valley identifying in the Pra’ Longo estate in Monastier di Treviso and in the Le Ronche estate in Fossalta di Piave, both north-east of Venice and located near the Adriatic sea and the Dolomites Alps mountains, a particularly suitable soil made of “caranto”: a mix of white clay and minerals from the Dolomites mountains. Respecting the ancient tradition of the family, he brought important innovations in vineyard management and the vinification. Today Alessandro De Stefani, fourth generation, produces wines under a very natural philosophy, from old and with very high density vineyards. Turning native varieties into better account, he developed a world distribution network, with an annual production limited to 300.000 bottles from 100 acres of vineyard and with wines recommended in the most important Guides. Tiziano e Alessandro, who today is helped by his wife Chiara, are still the winemakers of the company and they sign any single bottle released by their winery.